Monday 12 September 2011

How to Spend a Long Break/Vacation from work

Sometimes we have the good fortune of getting an extended break from the daily hustle-bustle of work. In today's competitive world, such a vacation is like gold dust. But it shall help you refresh yourself only if you make proper use of it.

Here are a few of my pointers on how to utilize the break apart from the usual "go to for a vacation to the sea side, countryside" that you must have already heard of.


Hook on to a TV series.
Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes etc are all very popular TV series. And the thing with them is that they are very addictive. Once you get hooked on to it, it is very difficult to let go. So buy/download only as much as you have time. It would be really difficult for you if you spend your day at the office wondering what happens in the next episode of Prison Break. ;-)




Watch Movies. 
I make a list of all good movies I want to see in my phone. Whenever I get a break, I watch all of them. You could do the same and watch 3-4 movies a day and feel better. The light-hearted comedies are a personal favorite.




Go back to your Play Station.
A younger me would play Fifa for 8 -10 hours a day during the summer breaks in school. I love to call over my friends whenever I have time and try to relive those days. Apart from the sheer bliss of controlling Messi's moves with my remote, playing video games always brings back memories of those days when the biggest worry of my life was my mother scolding me and telling me to leave the game and eat lunch.




Go for a hiking or adventure trip.
Call over some friends and make a plan to go hiking or exploring a new unknown, place - preferably a wilderness or a forest or a hilly terrain. The excitement of exploring a new place always makes me forget the tensions of my daily life.




Catch up on the games of your favorite team.
It must have been a while since you followed your favorite team like you did back in your college days. Pull out your old team jersey and root for your team like the earlier days.


Hope you enjoy your vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment